Under the program “Stop TB in Ukraine”, the following researches are planned for 2011-2015 with the financial support of the Global Fund:
Organizer – Charity Foundation “Development of Ukraine”:
- social study of TB knowledge, attitude, practice and behaviour in various population groups across Ukraine (КАРВ) (2011, 2015);
- evaluation of TB personnel potential (2012).
Organizer – Representative Office of the PATH International Organization in Ukraine:
- operational study to evaluate case management effectiveness (2012 and 2014);
- operational study of the national indicators of the National TB Program effectiveness and determination of needs for additional research (2011).
Organizer – International Charitable Foundation “International HIV/AIDS Alliance in Ukraine”:
- operational study of access for TB patients to HIV testing and consulting (2012);
- operational study to determine MDR-TB incidences among HIV-positive people (2011, 2013 and 2015);
- operational study to map TB diagnostic and preventive services for HIV/AIDS-positive people (annually from 2011 to 2015);
- operational study to implement TB infection control at facilities providing services to HIV-positive persons (2012 and 2014).
However, not all of these studies planned could be carried out.
1. An operational research agenda should be developed, outlining the priority topics to be studied, identifying key investigators and providing an adequate study budget.