Under the grants of the Global Fund and International Charitable Foundation “International HIV/AIDS Alliance in Ukraine”, the following awareness-raising materials were developed and distributed:
Publications for representatives of HIV-vulnerable groups:
- What do you have to know about tuberculosis?
- Preventive treatment with isoniazid / What is this?
Publications for NGO specialists:
- Infection control of tuberculosis and other airborne diseases exercised by non-governmental organizations
- Lessons of Reducing Damage. Learning guide. (Lesson 6. Tuberculosis, Lesson 7. Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis. Tuberculosis and HIV).
These publications are available at the website of International HIV/AIDS Alliance in Ukraine.
6. Patient education should be expanded and enhanced on issues related to both TB and HIV (such as infection control issues, HIV prevention methods, optimal screening, diagnosis, and treatment regimens, outreach and patients’ rights).